Medway Alzheimers and Dementia Peer Led Family Support
The core service provides personalised support to meet the needs of individuals affected by Alzheimer’s or Dementia, and includes the following:
- A regular programme of weekly and monthly activities such as ‘sing-along’ and ‘tai-chi’, outings and events
- Monthly ‘caring for carers’ support groups and coffee mornings
- Regular contact with and support calls to those in contact with the service
- Home visits to assist with the completion of welfare benefit forms, relevant entitlements and services
- Support to access other information relevant to Alzheimer’s and Dementia and the caring role
- A quarterly newsletter
The Service is currently supported by Barbara Ongley; a part time Volunteer Co-ordinator, who co-produces and co-ordinates the regular activities.
You can contact Barbara on 01634 581511.
Medway Social Services 01634 334466
Swale Social Services 01795 473333
Association of Crossroads Care Attendant Schemes 0845 450 0350
Carers UK (Carer line) 0808 808 7777
Pension Credit 0800 99 1234
NHS 111 (Non-urgent health enquiries) 111