The Sunlight Centre has become rooted in the lives of thousands of Medway residents, as a hub for greater opportunities and collective efforts for positive change.
The centre came into existence in 2002 through local demand for a multi-use community centre with a comprehensive range of services. This list of services continues to evolve and expand. There are a range of organisations sharing the building. Members of the community run events and activities in the various spaces for hire.
The range of weekly activities at Sunlight includes:
- Children’s Centre learning and development
- Complimentary therapy
- Internet and computer access
- Sport, rehab and fitness
- Dance lessons
- Chinese Elderly Association
- Medway African and Caribbean Association meetings
- Community garden maintenance and development
- Jam sessions in the recording studio
- Bereavement counselling
- Smoking cessation help
- Health guidance
- Careers guidance
- Legal advice
- Parent and toddler groups
- Self advocacy for people with a learning disability
- Friendship and support groups.